The FILE OF LIFE is a mini-medical history posted on the outside of one’s refrigerator and/or personally carried in a wallet or purse.
The FILE OF LIFE card enables medics to obtain a quick medical history when the patient is unable to offer one. The card, which is kept in a red plastic pocket labeled FILE OF LIFE, lists the patient’s name, emergency medical contacts, insurance policy and social security numbers, health problems, medications, dosages, allergies, recent surgeries, religion, doctor’s name and a health care proxy. The entire pocket is held, with a magnet, to the outside of the refrigerator.
Benefits to police officers:
• Faster help for citizens in emergencies.
• Maximum use of officer’s time.
Benefits to emergency rescue teams:
• Instantly know medical history of patient.
• Corrective treatment can begin at once.
Benefits to hospital emergency staff:
• On arrival, data is immediately available to medical staff.
• No wasted time getting information from a confused patient.
Benefits to each individual:
• Peace of mind knowing they have prompt and quality care.
• Easy access to potentially life-saving information.
• Assurance that proper persons will be notified quickly.
• Renewed sense of community spirit.
There is no cost for the FILE OF LIFE.
Questions? Contact the Salisbury Police Dept. at 978-465-3121 for more information. To have FILE OF LIFE and peace of mind, just submit your name and address below. FILE OF LIFE will be mailed to you. This page is also available for download as an Adobe PDF file (right click, Save Target As).